Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Delta Profile

Morgan Bentley


It is truly my privilege to write you on behalf of the Eta Xi Chapter of Alpha Delta Pi for this week. I am just so excited to introduce myself to you and fill you in on all that my chapter is doing.
Growing up in a home that received frequent Adelphean magazines addressed to my mother, I used to flip through the pages looking at the many young ladies who proudly displayed their diamond whether they were performing community service or promoting our philanthropy, the Ronald McDonald House. I used to tell my mom that I was going to be an ADPi like her and she promised that if I did join her beloved sorority, she would arrive for my initiation. Well, about 11 years later, she kept her promise and surprised me by showing up at my initiation.

My name is Morgan Bentley and I am a freshman at Presbyterian College. I came to Presbyterian College to play for the PC’s women’s collegiate golf team and have embraced all that a Division I school has to offer. Graduating valedictorian of my high school senior class in Blairsville, Georgia, I value academics very highly and I am currently perusing a dual degree: a Physics degree from Presbyterian College and an Engineering degree from an engineering based university. Being the daughter of two electrical engineers from the Georgia Institute of Technology, I find myself very mathematically driven.
In my chapter, I serve as the Assistant to the Financial Vice President. I realize this position allows for me to learn the ropes of the Financial Vice President’s job. Ultimately, I hope to have the opportunity to take on that role in the future. I have come to my job with the eagerness to learn more about the core functions in Alpha Delta Pi, provide endless help to Abby Scott, the current Financial Vice President, and perform my tasks so that the financial aspects of the chapter will run as smoothly as possible.
Even though I am a legacy, I did not join Alpha Delta Pi to continue on the tradition set by my mother. Before rush, I had met some amazing ladies in ADPi who were both in my major and leaders for the incoming freshman. Ironically, one of these young ladies hosted me on Preference night and ended up being my Big Diamond Sister. Since then, I have grown closer to my alpha class sisters and frequently spend a large amount of time with them during classes or eating lunch. I consider myself fortunate for being able to call these great girls my sisters. Additionally, I love the Christian foundation of Alpha Delta Pi. I truly feel that Christ has allowed me to become a part of this sisterhood to have close fellowship with many of my sisters.
Again, it is truly my privilege of writing the Delta Letter this week. I have sincerely loved my time as an Alpha Delta Pi sister
and cannot wait for more exciting events and opportunities to come my way.
Loyally,
Morgan Bentley
Pictured: Morgan(left) and her big diamond sister, Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment