Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Delta Profile

Betsy Bethune


My name is Betsy Bethune, and I am proud to claim I am a member of the Alpha Delta Pi Eta Xi chapter. Having grown up in Wilson, North Carolina, I was never certain whether or not joining a sorority was right for me. Once I arrived at Presbyterian College however, I was pleased to find a home within the Eta Xi chapter of Alpha Delta Pi. It is truly my honor to have made such that decision last October. As a freshman at PC, my current major is mathematics. I am also the chapter’s historian. With this position I am responsible for creating the scrapbook to be viewed during recruitment. My interest in scrapbooking has been prevalent for a number of years, and I am excited to allow this interest to benefit my chapter. I also know that I will be writing the chapter’s historian report in November. I hope my position allows me to get more and more involved in the chapter.
Throughout the recruitment process I was confident in my decision to join Alpha Delta Pi. At each recruitment event, the sisters were nothing less than welcoming, making me feel as though I was truly desired as an Alpha. What I love most about the Eta Xi chapter is our intense respect and true admiration for one another as sisters. I truly believe any one of my sisters would bend over backwards in order to help me, no matter what situation may occur. As a new Delta, I am honored to be integrated into such a magnificent group of girls.
This week, Eta Xi chapter announced a number of upcoming events and actions. Each officer will now have a perso



nal e-mail account specifically for their office. This will surely allow officers to be more easily contacted and more easily accessible. Officer goals have also been posted on the gin system, I think this is a great way for all sisters to be aware of where the chapter is headed. Also, this allows all members to have continuous input if they want to. The Eta Xi chapter will also host Give A Little Love, February 9-11. We will be fundraising by selling paper hearts for $1 each in order to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House. Since this is the new Delta’s first philanthropy event, I hope we can really step up and show the gifts we’ve brought to the chapter. We hope many students on ca


mpus will participate in this effortless fundraiser. We are excited to embark on a new semester as the first recruitment workshop of the year will be held on February 19. I’ve heard there’s so much to learn and the sooner the better, right! I am certainly proud to be a member of such an exceptional chapter of Alpha Delta Pi. As one can see, our chapter works to be involved and enthusiastic about our sisterhood.

Loyally,


Betsy Bethune

Betsy(right) and sister Rebecca Freeman

No comments:

Post a Comment